Thursday, April 12, 2018

Prelude


image from valuepreneurs.org

I just came from my annual retreat to India.  As always, I wrote down my thoughts and realizations so I can bottle the experience.


In the next 10 days or so, I will be sharing with you some parts of my inner journey, one post at a time.  But first a prelude.    


A few days before my retreat…


I wake up at dawn today realizing that I love myself- truly and deeply but not madly.  It's not the crazy falling in love drama like that of romantic films.  It is simply a settling feeling that I fully accept who I am- flaws, strengths and all.  There are no fireworks or any grand gestures.  Instead, it feels like a gentle embrace.  As though in my long journey of working on myself day in and day out for 9 years, I’ve finally come to an important terminal.  

__________________________________________________________


From here, I can fly 
(instead of pedalling a bicycle feeling that 
it’s taking forever to reach my goal). 

__________________________________________________________


image from redcheeksfactory.com








At this point, I feel secure- no longer needing the affirmation of family or reassurance of friends, not waiting for an applause nor yielding to condescending remarks.  I feel invincible- like the evils and the chaos of the world cannot touch me.  It doesn’t feel like rainbow and sunshine. It feels steady like a calm lake.


There’s also no need to run for anything, no need to prove myself, no need to acquire or add anything to myself.

________________________________________________

I feel whole.
________________________________________________


However, the journey to loving myself did not happen overnight.  I worked on myself again and again and again.


I regularly check in with myself.  I meditate.  I constantly and diligently affirm myself.  


I'd like to share with you the affirmations which helped me along the way. 



image from melissaohden.co























meditation by Release Your Wings









No comments:

Post a Comment