Friday, April 27, 2018

It's ok

photo by Nory San Juan


I must have said this line a hundred times in the 2-day return journey back home.


It's ok that the brother who will bring us to the airport is 30 minutes late.


It's ok we had to wait for more than an hour to be picked up for a day trip in Delhi before the next flight.


It's ok we missed our flight to Manila and had to wait another 2 hours for the next flight.


In between, several other mishaps happen that I had to tell myself again and again, "It's ok".  


I wasn't merely uttering the line through gritted teeth.  It's coming from a space of awareness and understanding.   


I could have questioned why & how come?


But, it's a waste of time & energy.


I understand that the world is old & most of the souls in it are old, too.  Like an old person, things are not working the way it should. Uncertainty is the name of the game now.


It is what it is.


A lot of things are beyond my control.


The only thing I can control is my reaction to people and situations.


I can remain an observer and be detached from the situation even though I'm in the midst of it (power to withdraw).


I can stop complaining & questioning. Instead, I can look at what the scenario is teaching me. (power to pack up).


I can remain calm and accept people & situations for who & what they are without judgment (power to tolerate).


I can still hold good wishes for everyone & see the benefit despite the seeming chaos (power to accommodate.)


I can stand in front of an ugly scenario & take it on.  I am steadfast and strong (power to face).


I can see things clearly and decide whether I have to tolerate a situation or assert myself (power to judge).


I can bring out the specific virtue or power I need in a given situation (power to discern).


I keep my peace & spread vibrations of peace in the  atmosphere- no matter what (power to cooperate).


If there's anything I learned of late it is this...


___________________________________________________________________


I don't live in a perfect world 
(even though I wish I do).  
I live in an old world.  
Mishaps and uncertainties will happen 
and so I must use all the powers 
I've accumulated in introspection 
& meditation to breeze through it.

_____________________________________________________________________


Om shanti.



P.S.  My yogi friends and I will be conducting a youth retreat this May 5-6 at Tagaytay Retreat Center.  You may register
online here.  












No comments:

Post a Comment