Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Day 6: Balance of Silence and Fun


I've been to India for 6 days but I haven't visited my favorite place yet.  

So after breakfast, I took a 15 minute bus ride to Pandav Bhawan, the first campus of Brahma Kumaris in Mount Abu.  


I came to the old campus to simply meditate by the Tower of Peace.  

_______________________________________________

The vibration here is so pure and peaceful that 
I can sit down here in silence for hours.   
_________________________________________


I broke my solitude to have a fun bonding over lunch with my roommates.  Then, we met with the other students from the Philippines.  Sister Marge arranged a tour for us.  We had a chit-chat by the hotel pool over fruit juice and nuts.  Then, we visited a tower which overlooks the whole Rajasthan.  Finally, we went to a palace by the jungle, also known as Haidee’s place.




Haidee is such a personality!  She dresses in turquoise which brings out the sparkle in her eyes.  She likes to swim by the hotel pool if she's not entertaining guests like ourselves in her house (which has a sun deck that opens, slants & closes with a push of a button).  She parties with the VIPs of India.  She cooks mulberry jams and sun-baked cakes and gives them out freely.  

______________________________________________________

She reminded me that I can be my own kind of yogi.  
________________________________________________


For quite awhile, I thought there's a very strict code to being one: wear white, speak less, meditate every single time, don't attend parties or do anything fun.


As if to emphasize the point that yogis could have fun too, the schedule for the afternoon class today was a picnic in the park.  Instead of the usual lecture or collective silence, we listened to live acoustic music, danced to Bhangra (a type of Indian music which combines Punjabi folk traditions with Western pop music), and ate 
fruits.


Today, I had a balance of silence and fun, solitude and family feeling.  



meditation by Release Your Wings







No comments:

Post a Comment