Thursday, May 28, 2015

Are you stressed?


"Are you stressed?", this is the question my colonics therapists asked me every single time I go to their clinic. I've had 11 sessions with different therapists doing the procedure and each one of them asked me the same question.

Apparently, by looking at the fluid being excreted, they can detect the acidity in the body.  Yellow color indicates high acidity and therefore stress.

I refused to believe them.  I always answered with a gentle, "No, I'm not stressed.  I meditate daily.  How can I be stressed?"

Then, I would go on and explain, "In physics, stress is equal to pressure over resilience.  Meditation allows me to increase my resilience so I can handle the pressure."

"I cannot be stressed.", I reassured them.

But, I was so stressed that I wasn't able to fly to India for my annual retreat last year.  I was not acknowledging the pressure that was building up inside me (the resilience I stored was not enough to handle it).  Plus, I was sweeping all my pent up emotions under the rug.

It happens to most of us.  So many things are happening that we don't put in the time to sort out our issues, feelings, and capacity to handle the demands of life and work.  We keep on hustling and bustling around- completing tasks, meeting deadlines and taking care of other people that we forget to take care of ourselves.

Then, we can't be as effficient or as creative or as nurturing.

I saw a note which reads:




All too often, we just need to be reminded. :)

What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment