Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ooops I did it again

cartoon from one.brahmakumaris.org


I mean I was able to blog daily for a whole week again.  Hooray for me!

Truth be told, I don't feel that I'm the one doing it.  I feel that I'm only the typist.  The title or the first sentence will come to me out of nowhere.  Then when I sit down and type, the next words will just flow as natural as water gushing from an opened faucet.

Most of the time, I don't know where it will bring me.  Even if I have a draft in my head, it winds down to a different path.  I, myself am amazed at the finished article.

I guess, this is what it feels to be inspired.

Paolo Coelho said in his book 'The Zahir' that when the writer's in the zone, a stream of ideas and words effuses that he could not stop typing for hours, even days.  I heard even Stephenie Meyer of 'Twilight' articulated that she just had to write the story in her head.

I'm far from these two famous writers.  I am just in awe that I'm actually experiencing the same thing.

Yesterday, I was reading through some of the older posts and I honestly didn't feel that I wrote it.  Though the interviews and experiences were very real to me, I could not claim ownership to how the story unfolded.

I have to confess that I am beginning to fall in love with being a typist.

I'll be going on a break for one whole week a day after tomorrow though.  I am most willing to continue this love affair but I'm not sure if my internet connection will work where I am going.

It's been a beautiful continuous two week run.  I will definitely keep on writing wherever I am.


P.S.  If there's anyone reading this blog, thank you for spending time with the ideas and stories here.  I hope it helps you and I would really love to hear from you.  Will keep you posted as soon as I can.











2 comments:

  1. I love that free flowing feeling as a writer. Your muse seems to be hard at work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback, James Ross. Will keep on writing. They say practice makes perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete