Monday, October 13, 2014

Let her be

image from http://www.learnmeditationonline.org

I asked my friend who's a vegetarian chef why the caldereta (vegetarian- of course!) is extra yummy.  She said, "The key is in simmering.  The flavors of all the ingredients come together when you cook it in low fire for a long time."

I think it is the same with self-development.  It doesn't happen overnight.  It takes time for one to understand and then embody everything.

A lot of those who meditate do so to change old habits, patterns of thinking and behavior.  

Today, a friend commented, "She's been meditating for the longest time and yet she hasn't changed".  

I think some people need longer time to work on their sankaras (patterns) than others.  They may have gone through tougher situations.  Going back to the cooking analogy, a carrot will take a longer time to soften than a malunggay leaf.  Some souls simply need longer simmering time than others.  

I told my friend , "Let her be.  Let's give her the space that she needs."  

Expectations will never ever help anyone move forward.  As they say, a watched pot never boils.



No comments:

Post a Comment