Friday, October 24, 2014

What kind of flower are you?

image from archangelsanddevas.wordpress.com


This question was asked in meditation class today.

I immediately answered, "A white rose".

A few years back, the same question was thrown at me when I was in India for a retreat.  Since, I couldn't see myself as a flower, I asked for a clue during meditation.

The answer came as I walking quietly in the campus of Gyansarovar.  The white rose called my attention amidst the numerous flowers along the sidewalk.

It's just so beautiful to behold and yet it does not boast of it's beauty.  Its fragrance also fills the air with sweetness- subtly and quietly.  Then, inspite of its seeming gentleness, it can protect itself with its thorns.  

How about you, what kind of flower are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment