Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Day 14: Unmasking a monster

image from www.buzzfeed.com

                                                                       April 16, 2017

Dearest Baba,

          Today, I’ve unmasked a new monster lurking inside me- desire.

          In today’s mediation class I heard, 

“Some children know in which powers they are weak…but they do not reach the seed.  Therefore, what is the result?  They prune the branches of that weakness and thereby feel for a short time as though that weakness has finished.  However, because the seed is still there, because it receives the water of various situations, the branches of that weakness start to grow again…Finish the weakness by knowing the seed.”


          I felt that I have simplified my life to a hilt but today I realized that my carelessness, laziness, love for comfort, lack of discipline (at times) and not being economical are the branches of the seed of desire.

          I’ve been fighting my weaknesses for a long time and they kept on sprouting again and again.  Thank you for showing me the way to end this.

                                                                        Grateful,     
                                                                               Karen 






No comments:

Post a Comment