Friday, September 19, 2014

Have you found The One?


It was lunch time and the conversation turned a little serious.

"I am an atheist", admitted a young colleague.

"But I'm not one of the staunch ones who thinks there is no God.  I just couldn't find Him."

No one said a word, allowing him to speak his mind.  "I've been reading books, searching the net and talking to gurus..."

I responded, "I was like you when I was in my 20's.  I was devouring books on spirituality and studying all sorts scriptures.  I didn't find God there, either."

"You have to experience God.  It's like swimming, you see.  You can read all the literature in the world about it but unless you go into the water, you'll never learn."

I advised  him to not simply talk to the imams and the buddhists but to enter the mosque or try meditating.

As for me, I found God in silence.










P.S.  You are warmly invited to be extremely quiet while powerfully connected to The Source on September 21 wherever you are in the globe.  This event will be celebrated in 135 countries, look for a center near you at http://one.brahmakumaris.org/time-with-one/


No comments:

Post a Comment