Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The wind huffed and puffed but it did not blow the house away




“Ang galing naman magdasal ni Ate Karen. Di man lang tumikwas kahit isang pawid ng bahay kubo niya nung bagyo.”, commented the Mangyans in the farm.

(“Ate Karen must have prayed really hard.  Not a single straw of her nipa hut was misplaced during the storm.”)

You see, 80 out of the100 roofs of the Mangyans’ concrete houses (donated by Gawad Kalinga) were blown off by the wind. Two rooms in Lolo’s house of stone were destroyed by fallen trees while Papa’s wooden packaging area was crushed to the ground.

Contrary to the story of the “Three Little Pigs”, it was the straw house which weathered the storm.

I don’t have any explanation for this except that nature probably protected the area.


Serving nature

One picnic with my classmates in meditation, I was ready to jump in the water when I was stopped. “You have to serve nature first”, I was told.

Though I was very eager to swim and couldn’t quite understand this serving-the- nature concept yet, I followed.  I sat down and meditated with the group for 30 minutes before jumping in the water.

When I took in farming as a hobby, my mentor in yogic agriculture said that it is important to empower the seed and the land with good vibration before the actual planting.  

So for more than a year, every time I meditate, I put in extra time to send good thoughts to my assigned area in the farm and to the 5 elements in general: earth, water, fire, air and ether.

Again without question, I followed.


The gist

Now, I understand.  If I take care of nature,  it will also take care of me.






No comments:

Post a Comment