Sunday, February 1, 2015

Unplugged

*My friends find it amusing that I enjoy camping out in a farm-   far away from the comforts of the city.


*They don't believe that wild pigs can be petted (sometimes),


that it's possible to survive at night with only the light of the 
moon, stars and the handy-dandy flashlight,


*and that people there actually carry sword around (their belts) 
like they carry cellphones.


They protest, "What about animal rights?!", when they saw me ride a carabao. They don't know it actually hauls more than       
200 kilos of produce.


*They find harvesting, 


carrying buckets of water or loads of coconuts


*or making fire for nearly an hour too tasking.


It's really fun! Of course, the facilities can always be upgraded but for now I like it as is- rough and rugged.


I'll do this more often this year! 


*Photos by Nory San Juan


No comments:

Post a Comment