Friday, May 25, 2012

This too shall pass

I can emphatically deliver this line while looking out to nowhere (for more dramatic effect) or I can excitedly exclaim, "What's my present?!".

My meditation teacher says, "After the storm there's a gift".  Experience tells me that it's true.  So, everytime I am facing a challenge, I am more cheerful than gloomy.  "Why do I feel that you are happy that you are going through this?", asked a friend after I shared to her.

Why not?  I often come out stronger and better after an upheaval.  For me, it's always been a gift.

Just like the gloomy sky. The dark clouds will cover the sun and the clear bright sky but it will soon pass, leaving the horizon more radiant than ever before.

I always look forward to the brighter sky and am not just waiting for the dark clouds to disappear.  





No comments:

Post a Comment