Thursday, March 28, 2019

"I roasted a bully today!"

image from periodicotiempo

"I roasted a bully today!", Darla exclaimed excitedly as she entered the play area.  

"How?", I calmly asked her.

"She told me that anything that comes out of my mouth is trash.", she answered.  "I said her name! Bam! Roasted!!!"

"Wow! You did roast her.", I gently affirmed her.

But I what I really wanted to tell her was...

Dear Little Girl,

You are awesome!

Please continue believing in yourself even when the odds are against you.  Always remember this moment and keep the memory of all your wins inside your pocket so you can easily go back to it when the dark clouds pass by and life seems to trouble you.   

You are brave!

You didn't buckle down when your monster stood in front of you.  You were so small compared to your opponent but it didn't make you cower in the shadows.  Instead, you were quick on your feet and retaliated wisely with your words.  Remember to always lead with your heart- that's the seat of courage.  

You are strong!

I am not talking about brute strength but of that strength which comes from within and keeps you grounded even when situations shake you.  Always remember to draw on that strength when life gets topsy turvy and uncertain.

Always stand on your truth, dear. Even when you grow up, please remember...

You are awesome!

You are brave!

You are strong!

Remember.

                                                                                                                                                                             Love,
                                                                      Teacher Karen


P.S.  I love Darla's story.  Children are so natural.  It's so easy for them to stand on their truth.  

P.P.S.  If you want to rediscover this childlike part of you which is awesome, brave and strong, I'd like to invite you to a workshop I am facilitating this Saturday, 4:00-6:00pm at Brahma Kumaris, Quezon City. Please register here.



image from wishlistmanifesto
   





No comments:

Post a Comment