Monday, October 2, 2017

Let’s talk about love

Well in your case, read about love. ( I know I get the upper hand. But hey, you can comment! :) ) 

So, here’s what I think.

We’ve all been deceived.  For years, no, for several lifetimes, everything around us screams.

“You need to find the one.”

“It’s so sad to be alone.”

“There’s someone out there who will complete you.”

They tell us of tales of princesses saved by their knights in shining armors.  We have been made to believe that when we find our one true love or when they find us, life will be beautiful.  We will finally be loved and accepted for who we really are and we will live happily ever after. 

We were trapped in this illusion and so we all went on that search for that elusive one- that one who can make everything bright and sunny and make life worth living.

Somehow, somewhere, I wake up from this hazy dream and begin asking…


“What if I need to find myself first?”

“What if I can be on my own and happy?”

“What if the goal is to be complete and not look for someone who will complete me.”


What if the things we know to be true are really myths.



P.S.  A friend will have a dance-theatre inspired by Mike George's book "Myths About Love….Actually” this Thursday, October 5, 7:30 PM, Powermac Center Spotlight, Circuit Makati.  This is a free event. You are warmly invited.



No comments:

Post a Comment